Maria Island has a network of inspiring trails for walkers of all levels.
WHICH WALK IS FOR ME?
There are a variety of beautiful walks on Maria Island varying from 10 minutes to several days.
Choose your terrain: roadways, bush trails, beaches or mountains.
The most popular walks are below. Walking times are approximate and start from Darlington.
1. Tour of Darlington buildings and views – 10 mins to 2 hours (take your time as there is a lot to see).
2. Painted Cliffs circuit – easy 1 .5 to 2.5 hours
3. Fossil Cliffs circuit – easy 1.5 to 2.5 hours
4. Convict Reservoir circuit – easy 1 to 2 hours
5. Mt Bishop & Clerk – medium 3 to 4 hours return
6. Mt Maria – medium 6 to 7 hours return
7. French’s Farm – easy 5 hours return
8. Encampment Cove – easy 6 hours return
And there is so much more to see and do. Please ask us – we can recommend what may suit you.